[Kroupware] Issues with Kolab Kroupware Client v 1.0.0

Scott Newton scottn at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jul 14 20:54:16 CEST 2003

I have successfully compiled the kdenetwork and kdepim packages on two
Mandrake 9.1 boxes running KDE 3.1.2. However, I have hit a couple of issues
you may be interested in.

1. KNotes - I can't find anyway to import currently existing KNotes.

2. KNotes - The title for the KNotes is now the text of the KNote. Before the
Note was called KNote %d and there was a Rename facility to change the name.

3. Contacts. On the one Mandrake box the address imported by itself with no
problems. On the other I had to find $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kabc and manually
import std.vcf using the Import vCard. This successfully imported the
addresses but opened up a contact edit window for every single entry and then
complained that they were not in standard format. I couldn't click on the OK
button for this dialog but after alt-tab to one of the contact edit windows I
was able to OK through them all and ended up with a successfully imported
address book.

4. On initial startup of KMail after applying the kdenetwork and kdepim
packages I got what seemed like different dialogs on the two systems.
Unfortunately I didn't take notes at this point so this may be a bit fuzzy
but hopefully will be helpful anyway. On the Mandrake box that the address
book imported correctly on, I ended up with the Calendar, Contacts, Notes and
Tasks under a Kroupware folder. On the other box they ended up under a Kolab
folder and I had to answer a lot more questions.

Again, I hope this helpful.
--
Regards
Scott Newton