[Kroupware] OpenGroupware.org formed through SKYRiX open sourcing its Groupware server

Jon Bendtsen jon+kolab at silicide.dk
Thu Jul 10 19:06:19 CEST 2003

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>>This is why we went the route of a mapi datastore, transport and
>>addressbook. We talk directly to imap and integrate solidly with outlook.
>

> Ok...  Is there documentation on how to take the 4000 Outlook contacts that
> I have in a public folder and get them on to the Kolab server?  Or existing
> email, schedule data, etc.?  That is the one sticking point I always had.
> In E4L I exported to PST and imported into the E4L message store.  Would
> the procedure be the same?

well, since kolab "is" an imap server, isnt it just to mark all the
messages and then drag them to the new folder? Thats what we did here
at work, though it isnt kolab, but just regular curier-imap.

> Another sticking point is offline mode -- is there any way to do this in
> Kolab?  I'm not trying to pick a fight; E4L doesn't do this and I am
> curious if Kolab does.

isnt that something the klient does? Just pull the messages to
a local file. I would think outlook can do that. As for the kolab
klient... i havent tried.

JonB