[Kroupware] Re: RC4 Client

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Jul 7 07:01:51 CEST 2003

On July 7, 2003 05:51, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Monday 07 July 2003 10:56, George Staikos wrote:
> >   I just installed the RC4 client from CVS.  I installed overtop of
> > 3_1_BRANCH which I was already running.  It did not go smoothly:
> >
> > 1) It crashes in the wizard if I try to enable groupware functionality
> > on first launch.  (bt attached, generated on powerpc linux)
>
> It seems there must be a usepath we did not test to end up with this
> crash. I have checked in a guard for the nullpointer. Wether or not there
> are other problems related to this, I don't know. My guess is there isn't
> though, after looking through the code.
>
> Can you describe exactly what you did? Then I could perhaps be able to
> retrace your steps.

  Nothing special, just updated _3_1_BRANCH->kroupware as the webpage
describes and installed.  Ran kmail and selected "Advanced" and "Enabled
Groupware".  Near the end of the wizard it just crashed.

> > 2) It clobbered my imap account that I had configured.  Can't this be
> > migrated?  Or at least warn that it will do this?
>
> No, we have not tried to do this :-( It's possible that the crash you got
> above was related to the IMAP account you had before.
>
> The online IMAP stuff should be completely disabled in kroupware_branch.
>
> > Anyhow I'll try to test the functionality tomorrow.
>
> Thanks, I hope that will be more positive.

   I gave it a quick test already but it ate my machine pretty badly.  Spawned
endless kio_imap, used 100% cpu and 250MB RAM, etc.  It was also extremely
slow.  This is using imap to a kolab server.  There are about 10000-12000
messages across ~30 folders on the kolab server.  Anyways I had to revert
back to _3_1_BRANCH for now because I need that machine for work.  Hopefully
switching back will go smoothly when the compile is done.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/