[Kroupware] Re: RC4 Client

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Mon Jul 7 12:51:29 CEST 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 10:56, George Staikos wrote:
>   I just installed the RC4 client from CVS.  I installed overtop of
> 3_1_BRANCH which I was already running.  It did not go smoothly:
>
> 1) It crashes in the wizard if I try to enable groupware functionality
> on first launch.  (bt attached, generated on powerpc linux)

It seems there must be a usepath we did not test to end up with this
crash. I have checked in a guard for the nullpointer. Wether or not there
are other problems related to this, I don't know. My guess is there isn't
though, after looking through the code.

Can you describe exactly what you did? Then I could perhaps be able to
retrace your steps.

> 2) It clobbered my imap account that I had configured.  Can't this be
> migrated?  Or at least warn that it will do this?

No, we have not tried to do this :-( It's possible that the crash you got
above was related to the IMAP account you had before.

The online IMAP stuff should be completely disabled in kroupware_branch.

> Anyhow I'll try to test the functionality tomorrow.

Thanks, I hope that will be more positive.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark