[Kroupware] Re: Synchronization of deleted data

Jason A. Pattie pattieja at pcxperience.com
Thu Jul 3 11:45:44 CEST 2003

Martin Konold wrote:

>Am Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2003 17:00 schrieb Jason A. Pattie:
>
>Hi,
>

>>>You're making a wrong assumption here without testing it. If an IMAP
>>>client doesn't detect a file was removed from the server, it's broken.
>>>

>>Do you know if libc-client (an IMAP library from UW IMAP project)
>>works?  I've been looking into using it as the IMAP client for the
>>MultiSync plugin.
>>

>Yes, the  libc-client knows correctly how to handle deleted messages. You may
>have a look at the MUA pine which uses libc-client.

I guess my only other question is about the unique IDs that are assigned
to (for example) each event in an .ics file.  Will there be an easily
determined correlation between e-mail IDs and these IDs to be able to
figure out that a calendar client on a cellphone (or evolution or any
other supported client plugin for MultiSync) currently has a message
that no longer appears on the kolab server and should be deleted from
the phone.  I guess I'm wondering why the event in the cellphone would
not be added back to the server instead of being deleted from the phone.

With regards to the wrong assumption stated above, I suppose I will need
to find a correlation between IMAP messages and "items" or "events" in
MultiSync, since my plugin will really be some sort of translation layer
between the kolab server and MultiSync.

Thanks.

believed to be clean.