[Kroupware] Re: Custom UID and Kolab Future

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Jul 1 20:24:41 CEST 2003

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

>On Thursday 26 June 2003 01:36, Donald Loflin wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>>

>>>Martin already stated that having the option of using a different UID
>>>from the email will probably reintroduced, if there is good interest
>>>to make the easier again.
>>>

>>Add me to the list of those interested in, like Christopher Lewis,
>>having custom or admin-settable UID's - mainly,
>>

>Yes, thanks for the feedback and interest.
>As said you are all welcome to contribute to the further development
>as coordinated on kolab-devel at .

Hi,

I see the same problem when migrating from an existing infrastructure
with UID like logins (as usual for POP3) towards Kolab. Is there any
chance to have a configuration option for choosing the (IMAP and
web-admin) login via UID or e-mail address?

I don't really care for free-busy upload, currently one has anyway some
effort to configure the data in KOrganizer. There it's possible to
explain, that the e-mail address needs to be used. But if I tell my
users that they have to use that long login name for the mail account ...

Regards,
Andreas