[kroupware] About mozilla calendar ...

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:35:06 +0100

On Monday 20 January 2003 14:17, Manuel Hoppe wrote:
> Bo Thorsen wrote:
=2E..
> >>The integration in KDE is virtually native, so there no chance of
> >>domination of one product.
> >
> > I don't care about domination of one project over the other or not.
> > I'm using the KDE client, so I worry about that, and that there's
> > nothing on the KDE client side that prevents cooperation with other
> > clients. If one of the other projects have some problem with the KDE
> > client behaviour, I'll fix that.
>
> All I want to clearify is the position of this project regarding other
> (mail-)clients. Now for me its clear, that other projects are welcome
> and it shouldnt be too complicated to realize. Fine. :-)

That's definately the case! I'm currently writing a paper for Linux Tag=20
and Linux Developers Conference about the kolab client. One of the topics=20
I'll talk about is what is needed for other projects to work with the=20
server and the current client.

> So finally, is someone interested to found a project or join the
> existing calendar team and develop a compatible client?

I'm already doing that :-)

Jokes aside, I would suggest to you to join with an existing project - be=20
it webbased, Evolution, Mozilla or whatever. Writing a full iCalendar=20
application together with an email client is a *huge* task. We have spent=20
many months on just making KMail and KOrganizer work the way we needed=20
them to.

Bo.

=2D-=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark