[kroupware] About mozilla calendar ...

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:03:37 +0100

On Monday 20 January 2003 09:24, konold@erfrakon.de wrote:
> Our server is freely available (more in the sense of GPL than MPL) and
> of course it is based on iCal.

No it's not, actually (iCal based). It knows nothing of what's in the=20
folders - which is one of the reasons it works and scales well.

The calendar setup of the client is based on iCal, but potentially it=20
could store whatever it wants to in the files. We will use this when we=20
start adding something like the personal time tracker to the client, for=20
which there is no iCalendar file type. (Note that there might be such a=20
filetype, but the point is that we might want to implement more than=20
iCalendar offers.)

The server stores emails. Which means the client is free to put whatever=20
it wants in the body of the mail. When there is a webinterface to access=20
the groupware folders (if someone builds such a beast), this will no=20
longer be true.

Bo.

=2D-=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark