[Kroupware] Re: Fwd: My Two Cents Worth

konold@erfrakon.de kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 00:35:42 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Miroslav Zubcic wrote:

Hi,

> > Basically this is our approach in order to be able to finally support v=
ery
> > many installations on many different operating systems reliably without
> > beeing forced to port every fix (think about security fixes etx) to eve=
ry
> > version of every odd target platform.
>
> You can prevent security bugs by enforcing _your_ version of package
> <foo>, but you can also _introduce_ potential security (or any other)
> bugs by enforcing your version of package <foo> - IMO.

We do not claim that our packages are more secure than others but it is
less work for us to only support the OpenPKG platform instead of numerious
linux, *BSD and proprietary unix versions.

Easier support often means faster security patches....

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstra=DFe 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de