[Kroupware] Build Errors on Kolab

Ian Reinhart Geiser kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:53:17 -0500

Greetings
	Two showstopper build errors on kolab.
	1) We absolutely do not work on the iSeries PPCs, I got everything  but fs=
l=20
to build on SuSE 7.3, but we are missing expat libraries and at this point=
=20
the app monit just sits there and eats CPU for a few hours until i kill it.=
 =20
Also it seems that apache silently dies and openssl never starts up.

	Im trying to get to the bottom of this, its probably a mixture of a) PPC b=
)=20
64bit and c) gcc 3.2 not likeing either.  (is there a reason we use such an=
=20
unstable gcc?)  Also randomly rpms will not install.  Rpm says there is a b=
ad=20
cpio header and i must rebuild the rpm a few times and copy it around to ma=
ke=20
it install... very agrivateing. :)

	2) On ia32 and PPC64 we the imap package is flawed.  During build it lacks=
 a=20
header that must be installed on the kolab/include for the rpm to build.
	/kolab/bin/cc -c -I. -I.. -I../sieve -I. -I./../lib -I./../acap -I../acap =
=20
=2D -I./../sieve -I/kolab/include/db3 -I/kolab/include -I/kolab/include=20
=2D -I/kolab/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -Wall -O -I/kolab/include -Ino/includ=
e \
backend.c
backend.c:60:21: com_err.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [backend.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

	Next if expat is not installed on the system apache will fail to load on a=
ll=20
platforms.  We might want to include expat.

	Meanwhile im going to try to get workarounds for some of these runtime=20
problems on PPC... Since Im going on the assumption that an enterprise mail=
=20
system my need to run on an enterprise system.   I have access to a Sun E65=
00=20
too, so im hopefully going to test on there too. =20

Cheers=09
	-ian reinhart geiser

=2D --=20
=2D --:Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri@yahoo.com>