[Kroupware] Trial run with kmail and outlook bynari plugin

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:33:56 +0100

On Thursday 02 January 2003 15:04, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Friday 20 December 2002 19:19, ralph escherich wrote:
> > We where finally able to compile the kmail client.

> > outlook <-> outlook   ok
> > outlook ->    kmail       ok
> > kmail    ->     outlook    NO does not work
> > kmail   <->    kmail       ok
> >

> > Outlook is not interpreting the sent message right, or the MIME email
> > is not in the right format.
> > I'll dig a little deeper when time allowes.
>
> What kind of messages did you send?
> (I assume that you did not switch clients on a single account itself.)
> E-Mails? Appointments? Notes? Tasks?
>
> OL -> KMail/KOrganizer worked for several of theses in tests before.

The problem Ralph described was sending stuff from kmail to OL. It's a=20
known problem that sending notes and tasks doesn't work because OL=20
doesn't understand iCalendar files with these :-( We are still trying to=20
figure out how to write the tnef crap to work around this.

Bo.

=2D-=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark