[Kroupware] korganizer extends appointments

Eildert Groeneveld kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:21:44 +0100

On Thursday 27 February 2003 23:06, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 27 February 2003 17:32, Eildert Groeneveld wrote:

> > > My guess would be that the version from the ProductID field isn't
> > > correctly read in the kroupware branch (see korganizer/compat.cpp).
> > > Older versions of KOrganizer didn't write a correct end date for
> > > events without time. Newer do, so if a file written by the current
> > > version is incorrectly detected to be written by an older version,
> > > the day is added.
> >
> > But this would imply that once the extended appointment has been
> > corrected it should not get longer again in following calls of
> > korganizer. Is that correct?
>
> That's how it is supposed to work and how it works in the main branch.
> If kroupware incorrectly treats its own saved files as old ones it will
> extend the events again and again.

I must be missing the point somewhere. If I enter an untimed appointment in
korganizer on a certain day, that should always only remain on that date and
not start extending to the following. Let me explain again.
1. start korganizer
2. create a birthday on the 28.2.2003 recurring by year
3. save and exit korganizer
4. start korganizer
5. voila: now my test birthday is on Feb 28 and March 1
that probably not how it is supposed to work.

greetings

Eildert

--
Eildert Groeneveld