[Kroupware] korganizer extends appointments

Cornelius Schumacher kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:53:12 +0100

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 16:30, Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
> Hello Folks
> after having installed kroupware from cvs
> pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde
> as kdepim and kdenetwork I am having problems all over the place.
> The most serious one is that korganizer extends multiday events by one day,
> apparently each time the calendar is read.
> The same seems to happen with repeated events like birthdays: korganizer
> suggest to have birthday parties that last 2,3 or five days.
>
> I am using a calendar file from some earlier korganizer.
>
> Any idea of what is going on? Or is the kroupware korganizer not fit for
> use?

My guess would be that the version from the ProductID field isn't correctly
read in the kroupware branch (see korganizer/compat.cpp). Older versions of
KOrganizer didn't write a correct end date for events without time. Newer do,
so if a file written by the current version is incorrectly detected to be
written by an older version, the day is added.