[Kroupware] kolab components -- standard or modified from originals?

Andrew Kohlsmith kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:17:58 -0500

> Changes made are (at this time):

[ changes snipped ]

Excellent -- thank you!  I'm intersted in kolab as a replacement for Exchange
Server but I wanted to start a little more gently so I was going to use what
I know -- qmail, vpopmail and courier-imap instead of postfix, sasl and cyrus
-- openldap and so on I am more or less familliar with.

It looks like the kolab project did not change much in the way of core
functionality or new features which is excellent -- so long as the LDAP
schema will work with vpopmail and there isn't anything horribly broken with
Courier's IMAP functionality I should be good to go.  Once I'm more familliar
with Kolab in general I can move over to the official openpkg version.

> Everything is of course included in the public kolab CVS.
> You can derive everything from the spec files in detail.

Yes I've been reading through via cvs-web, it looks like you have chosen a
very sensible path to making a system such as this.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew