[Kroupware] kolab components -- standard or modified from originals?

Tassilo Erlewein kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:04:43 +0100

On Friday 21 February 2003 15:20, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> I was hunting around the kolab web pages but I couldn't find an answer to
> my question.
>
> The kolab components: apache, postfix, cyrus, inetd, proftpd, openldap --
> are the packages on the FTP sites any different than the packages I would
> get form the respective software's home page?

we had to make some modifications and are concerned to
keep them small and merge it back to the relevant oss projects.

Changes made are (at this time):

Cyrus:
patch cyrus imapd to support a different group file than that of the system
(we don't want to have the cyrus users on the server; same applies to
groups; we feel this is an easily fixable design issue of cyrus imapd)

Monit:
support different config file path
(not sure how this fits into the monit source permanently; it could
also be that monit is replaced by another piece of software; it's
easily replaceable)

Apart from that we found numerous configure file incompatibilities
(doesn't suit openpkg paths, etc.).

Example:
db4 is installed as /kolab/lib/libdb.a, but configure files look for
db-4.1 and finds a eventual db4 of the underlying system. Boom.
Finding libraries is indeed one major problem when compiling
source code on the openpkg platform.

Everything is of course included in the public kolab CVS.
You can derive everything from the spec files in detail.

> I imagine that there are configuration changes, but are there any actual
> code patches or differences in the code from the original software?  If so,
> where do I find the changelogs or diffs?

At this time we only provide patches and spec files, and the cvs-web