[Kroupware] Postfix probs

Ralph Sikau kroupware@mail.kde.org
11 Feb 2003 11:17:09 +0100

--=-lFyCq88CV4QTj06LnMVj

Hello everybody,

after compiling all kolab packages (beta 2.1), the kolab server works.
Especially Imap works like a charm.

But the whole mail transfer seems to be messed up. Users are registered
in kolab as uid=firstname. So the local mail address is
firstname@domain. The non-local addresses are f.lastname@domain. Though
kolab correctly wrote in canonical "f.lastname@domain
firstname@domain", mails arriving from outside are bounced as address
unknown.

The relayhost for outgoing mails requires sasl authentication. Before
setting up kolab the system worked perfectly with a regular debian
postfix suite. I copied the saslpasswd files for postfix into the
/kolab/etc/postfix directory and added the appropriate hash directive to
main.cf (both template and actual file). But the relayhost complains
that authentication is required meaning that kolab does not
authenticate.

Would it be a good idea to replace all postfix files with the files from
/etc/postfix which worked before, or would this blow up the whole thing?
And how can I add directives for having local mails simply addressed to
firstname (without anything else) delivered correctly?

Postfix experts, please help.

Regards,

Ralph Sikau

--=-lFyCq88CV4QTj06LnMVj

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hello everybody,
<BR>

<BR>
after compiling all kolab packages (beta 2.1), the kolab server works. Especially Imap works like a charm.
<BR>

<BR>
But the whole mail transfer seems to be messed up. Users are registered in kolab as uid=firstname. So the local mail address is <A HREF="mailto:firstname@domain.">firstname@domain.</A> The non-local addresses are <A HREF="mailto:f.lastname@domain.">f.lastname@domain.</A> Though kolab correctly wrote in canonical &quot;<A HREF="mailto:f.lastname@domain">f.lastname@domain</A>&nbsp; <A HREF="mailto:firstname@domain">firstname@domain</A>&quot;, mails arriving from outside are bounced as address unknown.
<BR>

<BR>
[...]

</BODY>
</HTML>