[Kroupware] beta2 installation unsuccessful

Alex Hudson kroupware@mail.kde.org
09 Feb 2003 13:34:06 +0000

--=-sYI9LuJagG4CJX+PQam2

Hi all..

I've been trying to install the Kolab server here today, and not met
with huge success. Everything compiled fine though; that part seems
quite polished. A couple of suggestions:

- the docs on the web are quite out of date; it would be good to update
them, even if just to say 'you should read the QIM file' - I didn't
realise, I just did the same thing but with different version numbers.
- it would be good if the compiler detected the lack of
compress/uncompess/uuencode/etc... I made this mistake a number of
times, having left it to compile for a while :o)
- it would also be good if there was a master Makefile for the all the
parts; doing cd <x> && rpm -bb <x>.spec is boring and timeconsuming :)
Also, it would mean all the parts get compiled in the same order for
everyone...
- where things are to be compiled with make, it does a rpm -ba instead
of -bb : are the source rpms useful for anything?

So, onto the problem - it seems my Apache won't start, because the ssl
certs don't seem to have been generated properly. The error I get in the
log is:

[error] mod_ssl: Init: Unable to read server certificate from file
/kolab/etc/kolab/cert.pem (OpenSSL library error follows)
[error] OpenSSL: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding
routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long

cert.pem is a 0-length file :/ Does this indicate a bad kolab rpm? Or
perhaps a bad Apache rpm?

I did also have a problem with Apache, the executable I built wasn't
linked properly to expat (ldd showed the library not found), even though
I had build and installed the expat rpm. I did notice, though, most of
the libs were built as .a files - should expat have been compiled in
statically? I substituted in my Debian libexpat (I'm running sid :) and
Apache now executes, but obviously doesn't get past the above error.

Lastly, is anyone writing/interested in writing a camel provider so
Evolution could be used as a Kolab client?=20

Cheers,

Alex.

--=-sYI9LuJagG4CJX+PQam2

--=-sYI9LuJagG4CJX+PQam2--