[Kroupware] Differences in Recurrence Grammar (Outlook vs. vCalendar)

Christoph Nolte kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:13:03 +0100

Hello,

as I noticed, there are slight differences between Outlook
standard of recurrence grammar and vCalendar specification:

DTSTART:20030209T123000
RRULE:W1 SU MO #2

(repeated each week on sunday and monday for two times)

This recurrence rule obviously has to be interpreted
differently by programs that take the sunday as the first
day of the week (vCalendar) and others that chose monday
(such as Outlook). How do you handle this problem?

Furthermore, I noticed that Outlook seems to ignore
recurrence rules when importing vCalendar events. It even
does not support a vCalendar export function, does it?
Are there sort of installable export/import extensions?

Greetings,
Christoph Nolte
nolte@backendmedia.com
  BackendMedia