[Kroupware] Debian woody packages and roadmap

Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:49:30 +0100

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

El  7-feb-2003 a las 16:10:30, konold@erfrakon.de escribi=F3:
> We made precautions in many places to allow for different prefixes (re.g.
> /usr/local/kolab). We did not test this though.
>=20
> Please report success /failure.

Ok, I'll do it.

> _Please_ have a look at the spec files and you will see that they download
> the required stuff via wget from their original source.

You don't understand me. I know the spec files do it that but, how many
things from apache, perl and other important and basic stuff of a
distribution like Debian GNU/Linux has modifications from the original
source code?, are there any document I can read?.

The Debian way of do it it's what I explained in my last email, I cannot
take a new binary apache or perl package from a diferent source code (the
source code of perl in Debian has modifications from the original one to
adjust fine to the rest of the stuff), I need the source code,=20
configuration and init files of kolab and the list of software that depends
on, and patches if it'd is necesary.

I'll go to work with the QIM notes.
Thank you.
--=20