[Kroupware] QIM

David Pavlotzky kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:00:02 +0100

Hi,

I've some questions/remarks about the QIM:

The location of the files to be downloaded is not very clear. There are
different location in the QIM and some of these locations don't contain all
the nessecary files, like the beta2.1 directory for example.

The change to kolab user directive:

su - kolab

I downloaded the files into the $HOME of my "normal" user. So there's no way
of accessing them when I'm user kolab. Copied the *.src.rpm files to /tmp and
the changed to user kolab. This seems obvious but it made me wonder if
something went wrong while installing as user root (some files didn't get
copied along?). Did something went wrong?

Furthermore the installation isn't working for me. It fails allready on the
first package:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.30898 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.30898 (%build)

I've seen this before. It has something to do with how Gentoo installs gcc.
Will try to make this work, but so far no luck :(

Keep up the good work!

kind regards,

David Pavlotzky