[Kroupware] Attendee update situations

Guenter Schwann kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:50:32 +0100

--Boundary-02=_bWmP+ATzrVpOimH

On Monday 03 February 2003 12:39, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> I'm currently working on attendees updating info on the tasks or events.
>
> When the organizer of a task changes something, an update is sent out
> (method Scheduler::Request, Sequence > 0) and this works fine now.

Works fine _now_? Do you mean there was something wrong?

> But what should be done when an attendee of a task sends something out?
> Currently (just committed to cvs) I send a mail to the organizer with
> method Scheduler::Reply.

When does a attendee send something other than an answer to the organizer,=
=20
or a "refresh"?

> Two questions: Shouldn't the reply really be with method
> Scheduler::Request and with Sequence++, or how do I do that? And should
> this mail also go out to other attendees (not important since the
> current implementation only allows a single attendee anyway)?

Attendees should never send messages to each other. IMIP alway comunicates=
=20
from/to the organizer.

> When attendees of a meeting changes something, this will be done locally
> only, since noone but the organizer are allowed to change a meeting. But
> shouldn't the user at least be allowed to cancel a participation in a
> meeting? If so, is this done by sending a Cancel message?

Attendees should send a "decline"-reply. Then the organizer deletes this=20
attendee sends a "cancel" back. All other attendees receive an updated=20
"request" (without changing their status - it's just an update).

ciao
=2D-=20
Guenter Schwann
Graz University of Technology - Computer Graphics and Vision
GPG-key: http://www.sbox.tugraz.at/home/v/vogel/gpg-schwann-public-key.txt