[Kroupware] setting up and checking basic Kolab functionality post obmtool (Was: Re: ZfOS kolab-1.0.14-20031126 ...)

Marc Schumann elmanso at fam-schumann.de
Wed Dec 3 18:59:14 CET 2003

Am Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2003 22:02 schrieb Thomas Lotterer:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003, Marc Schumann wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2003 10:49 schrieb Uwe Heinrich:

> > Ready for run is Ok ....
> >
> > but have you tried to create a user ? Is Apache Log Ok ? Mine isn't.

> obmtool. So here it comes
>
>  DOWNLOAD, BUILD AND INSTALL
>
> Grab one of CFG, SRC or BIN where CFG autodownloads, builds and
> installs, SRC builds and installs and BIN installs from:
>
>  ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/CFG/kolab-1.0.14-20031126/
>  ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/SRC/kolab-1.0.14-20031126/
>  ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/BIN/kolab-1.0.14-20031126/...
OK

> In any case run
>     $ su -
I am root.
>     # sh obmtool kolab
OK
>  KOLAB SETUP
>
>     # /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b
OK
> Answer the three questions regarding the hostname, the domainname
> (currently Kolab only supports a single domain) and either remember or
> better set a password for the manager account.
>
>  LAUNCH BACKEND
>
> Launch the daemons
>
>     # /kolab/etc/rc all start
>
> Check for daemons running
>
>     # ps -ax | grep /kolab #BSD, Linux
without the '-' OK!
>     # ps -ef | grep /kolab #SV
>
> The following daemons must be running:
>
>     slapd                    #LDAP directory service
3x
>     slurpd                   #LDAP replication service
4x
>     apache (5x at least)     #HTTP service for manager WebUI
OK
>     postfix master           #SMTP mail service
OK
>     saslauthd                #SASL authentication service
5x
>     cyrmaster                #IMAP mailbox service
OK
>     /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab   #LDAP replication peer
OK

>  LAUNCH MANAGER FRONTEND
>
> Point the browser to https://127.0.0.1/, log in using "manager" and the
> password from the "kolab_bootstrap" step. HTTP ok.
OK
>  CREATE USER
>
> Click on "Users" on the left pane then "Create User" beneath. At this
> point the WebUI launches with the representation of an empty user
> which doesn't even have the mandatory attributes filled in. This leads
> to /kolab/var/apache/log/apache-error.log filling with two lines of
> "[error] PHP Notice: Undefined index [...]" for each of the following
> attributes: sn, cn, userPassword, mail, deleteflag;
If theses logs are really ok then OK!
> Although i don't
> call it ideal it seems to be normal operation. Fill in the mandatory
> fields, using "thomas at example.com" for the "Primary Email Address"
> field where example.com is the domain from the "kolab_bootstrap" step.
> Submitting the form by clicking OK does not add additional errors to
> the apache-error.log and immediately redirects the browser to the
> "Create New User" to the "Modify Existing User" dialog. Clicking
> "User" on the left pane again and selecting the correct part of the
> alphabet (sorted by Last Name, btw) or selecting all will reveal the new
> "thomas at example.com" user. LDAP ok.
OK
> Also a '/kolab/var/imapd/user/t/thomas at example^com.seen' will be
> created. This means slurpd contacted kolab daemon which updated imapd.
It took quiet 2 minutes but then it took...
>  SEND MAIL
>
>     $ telnet 127.0.0.1 smtp
>
> and send the following SMTP commands:
>
>     HELO foo
>     MAIL FROM:<root at localhost>
>     RCPT TO:<thomas at example.com>
>     DATA
>     To: Thomas <thomas at example.com>
>     Subject: first time
>
>     Hello, World!
>     .
>     QUIT
>
> This means slurpd contacted kolab daemon which updated postfix and SMTP
> ok.
OK
>  RECV MAIL
>
> Launch KMail (or any other IMAP aware mail client) and configure it to
> use IMAP server 127.0.0.1, log in to it using thomas at example.com and the
> password from the WebUI "Create New User" step. The "inbox" with the
> telnetted mail will be shown almost immediately. IMAP ok.
OK
> Hope this troubleshooting information will help you pinpoint the
> problem.

Now everything seems to go ( I don't know why, really not...) but
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepie.

Now i have two questions:

how can my normal systemmail like errormessages for root being sent to its
reciepients. I tested it with capisuite. I have a systemuser named admin.
Capisuite sennds the faxes and voices as attechment to the users admin
systemmailbox. for Kolab i have to kill my 'old' postfix because there can't
be both postfixes at Port 25. Thats OK. But kolab dont deliver my Systemmail.
What can I do ?
I tried as a workaround in /kolab/etc/aliases with /kolab/sbin/newaliases
to send the mail to a kolab user, but that worked.

Can shared folders get Mails ?
I created a folder named fax. The ACLs are for user marc at firma.local all.
At Kmail user.fax is seen. I can move Mail into it. But can I write a E-Mail
to fax at firma.local ?

Great Thanks to everybody helped me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! esp. Thomas