[Kroupware] Kolab Distribution Lists - Multiple Domains - Multiple Aliases

Jon Bendtsen jbendtsen at laerdal.dk
Fri Aug 29 16:13:18 CEST 2003

Citat Christopher Lewis <chris at maximlighting.com>:

> Okay, now that I'm really trying to get this system working, I have a few
> questions and a few answers.  I'll ask the questions first:
>
> Question 1)  Does Kolab currently support distribution lists?  For example,
> if
> my manager sends mail to marketing at mydomain.com, each of my marketing people
>
> will get a copy of that message.  How can I allow multiple recipients of a
> single e-mail address?

Kolab uses postfix, but i have only tried this setup in a normal postfix
environment, but it might work.
In /etc/aliases you can specify a alias, and the recipient(s). I use this in my
dorm to distribuate system mails to the sysadms. It works fine.

Kolab might have something smarter with shared folders.

> Question 2)  Following up on the multiple recipients question, can the Kolab
>
> administration pages be modified to store multiple e-mail recipients and
> multiple aliases?  The same method for multiple recipients could also be used
>
> to add multiple alias support, correct?
>
> Question 3)  Now, to follow up on question 2, does the LDAP schema need to be
>
> modified to allow for this?  Where is all this information stored, anyway?
>
> Question 4)  Since postfix already supports multiple domains and virtual
> users, why is multiple domain support such a problem?

it's not really a problem, it just wasnt a part of the speclist. that the
contracting companies did with the german bundestag, so it hasnt been made yet.
But there has been other requests of this feature, and the answer was:
If you want it so bad, why not get together with other "customers" and contract
those companies to make it. (see the list for the mails).

JonB