[Kroupware] Reference Platform

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at ghs.fr
Mon Aug 25 11:50:44 CEST 2003

praktikant15(Martin Reiter) wrote:

> The current configuration for exchange for +-800 Users
> is  933Mhz PIII(?) with 22GB HD and 1,2GB RAM

We have a few users (<10), on a 1Ghz PIII / 256 MB / 40Go IDE. The point
about the disk is the filesystem used : ReiserFS is a really good one
(time to scan a big file tree : Ext3 = 17 x ReiserFS).

> Working speed is execellent (at least in our bureau).

Too, even remotely (via ADSL connections).

> Other point of interest resulting from the above is
> how much Diskspace is used (in average) per user?

My account :
[root at brax:nhuillard]# find . -type d | wc -l
     181
[root at brax:nhuillard]# find . -type f | wc -l
   91869
[root at brax:nhuillard]# du -sh .
982M    .

Typical user account :
[root at brax:xxx]# find . -type d | wc -l
      44
[root at brax:xxx]# find . -type f | wc -l
    5970
[root at brax:xxx]# du -sh .
256M    .

NH