[Kroupware] Small problems with kolab server

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Tue Aug 19 15:05:47 CEST 2003

Hi Otmar,

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 13:49, Otmar Stahl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently I am testing kolab, for the beginning as an emailserver only,
> and I am so far quite happy with it. Almost everything works fine. I
> encountered two small but important problems however, which I could not
> yet solve:
>
> 1) kolab accepts mail only for user at domain. However, several of our
> users receive mail still for user at mail.domain or similar for the
> maschine name. In this case mail delivery fails. I can rewrite the user
> with the alias file, but how can I strip the machine name from the
> recipient address?

Look at the canonical rewrite daemon.
go to /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical
Add the line:
@mail.domain                domain
run:
#/kolab/sbin/postmap /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical
#/kolab/sbin/postfix reload

This will rewrite the addresses for you. (look at recipient_canonical_maps in
main.cf.templete if you only want to manage resipients)

> 2) mail box quotas do not seem to work, a least I get an empty result
> with:
>
> su - kolab-r
> /kolab/bin/cyrquota
>
> Is this normal, and how can I set the quotas.

Set the attribute userquota to some value in LDAP. Check the list archives for
hints about connecting/editing the server with LDAP.

Regards,
Stephan