[Kroupware] Re: Important stuff is missing WHY?

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Aug 19 13:43:30 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 19. August 2003 12:18 schrieb Olaf Boehm:
> Thanks Stephan,
> Can you show me too how to fetchmal a pop account from my isp and ther
> sort & deliver to my user mailboxes
> How can I set me to catch all mails who cant be delivered and can I sort
> emails who are not like the kolab mail domain
> E.g. kolab mail domain is @mail.com  with user1,user2
> I fetch from my isp a pop accounts who are like john at ispdom.com
> doe at ispdom.com
> So can I sort mails who are adresses to e.g. john at ispdom.com to user1 ?
>
> Thanks to your effort and please add this to Kolab FAQ
> I still think a slong these problems are not solved Kolab is not usable
>
> Reagrds
> Olaf

Hi Olaf,

Kolab is usable. Your problem has not directly to do with Kolab. Why don't
you have a look at the fetchmail manpages?

You won't be able to run Kolab without putting some effort to study the
underlaying software. It's the same when you get a new computer - in the
manual you won't find anything about textprocessing.
This is what e.g. Open Office is for, and you'll have to have a look in that
documentation.
Kolab can run out of the box in some environments, but most of the
users/admins will have to set it up for their special needs. And in that
very usual case, they already know what they are dealing with or they have
to learn.

Regards,
Andreas