[Kroupware] problems compliling apache - fix

gb gillian.bennett at celentia.com
Mon Aug 18 07:50:52 CEST 2003

Hi,

after seeing some previous posts, it seems that the version of QIM I was
using was out of date.sorry to bother you.

I fixed it by recompiling gdbm with --define 'with_ndbm yes', then
re-installing the package with
/kolab/bin/rpm --Uvh --force gdbm*kol.rpm (I needed the --force because
every other thing I tried didn't work. -e told me that the package
wasn't installed, -F did not result in ndbm being installed,
--replacepackages and oldpackage had similar results. Each time, an rpm
-qi still showed that with_ndbm= no. So I resorted to --force and this
worked)

After that, apache compiled without error.
thanks, Gillian