[Kroupware] kolab Error starting up "could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon"

mt mt at thalmann.de
Fri Aug 15 01:32:19 CEST 2003

Hy list,

as others have the same error but noone could help I will start another
try:
I have installed kolab 1.0.5 on SuSe 8.1 and it compiled all without
errors - as far as i can see.
After starting I get
Login failed: generic failure at
/kolab/lib/perl/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab line 439.

For the first time, I could enter the manager password and have entered
some users in the webinterface. But on trying to connect an imap client
I got errors like
perl: No worthy mechs found

Now I have tried several things and probably messed things further up.
Could anybody help pleeeeaaaseeee?

PS:
  I had postfix cyrus up and running before and just shut down their
procs. It seemed the connection between sasl and ldap is broken - how
can i verify that ?