[Kroupware] Outlook Connector Questions

Fabian Schulz schulz at fabianschulz.de
Wed Aug 13 19:51:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

we are using the Kolab-Server in our company for a few months now. We
are still running an early beta version of the Kolab environment as we
are pretty happy with what it does.

But we are having a lot of problems with the Bynari Insight Connector.
At the moment, we are using Version 2.0 (31).
The Connector does mostly what it is designed for, but there are a few
things that do not work properly:

   1. Sometimes - and not reproduceable - the Connector does not sync
      folder contents at all.
   2. Sometimes, not all elements are synced. These both items go away
      most of the time when we restart Outlook.
   3. The Connector crashes when we try searching folders! This is
      reproduceable and Bynari Support says:

Kolab uses Cyrus IMAP just like we do, however, we have modified Cyrus
sources to better support the new functions and features in Connector
v2.0.

Bynari recommends us to use an old version (1.15) of the connector, we
didn't try that yet.

Before we replace Connector 2.0 with that older version, we would like
to hear from your experiences.
What Client do you use at your company? Does it work well and are those
items mentioned above solved in your solution?
We would really like to hear some real life experiences.

And: is some Outlook-Plugin recommended to use with the Kolab-Server?

Thanks for your time!

Fabian Schulz