AW: [Kroupware] Compiling on FreeBSD

Christopher Lewis chris at maximlighting.com
Tue Aug 12 16:29:50 CEST 2003

Okay, after looking on google for any information regarding FreeBSD and the
fgetgrent function, I've found out that BSD's don't have that function.  I
also found Bill Swingle's messages regarding compiling the imapd program
(also on FreeBSD).  So, I know this only has to do with the groupfile hack.

Okay, I found out about the getgroups function on freebsd, replaced fgetgrent
with getgroups in the groupfile.patch file.  It compiled this time.  Now, can
somebody with actual programming experience tell me what the consequences of
this might be?  Or at least what the correct function is?

Until I get this information, I will be hunting down "hostname -f" calls.
--
Christopher Lewis
Systems Administrator
chris at maximlighting.com