[Kroupware] How stable work kroubware

Jon Bendtsen jbendtsen at laerdal.dk
Tue Aug 12 16:54:29 CEST 2003

> ]On Behalf
> Of Dirk Schleicher
> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 3:38 PM
> To: kroupware at mail.kde.org
> Subject: [Kroupware] How stable work kroubware
>

> Hallo to all,
>
> How stable is work with kroubware? I will install kroubware
> on a older PC with Woody on it.

the server part is called kolab, and that works well.
It is just a collection of, apache, postfix, cyrus, openldap, webdav,
and other OS projects, with a little glue between them. So i'd expect
the server to work fine.

> This PC will be integrated in a small network with 5 NT-Clients
> and Outlook2k.

but i havent been able to get o2k to work with the ldap.
And i dont believe that the bynari plugin is worthwhile
i had LOTS of trouble getting it to work, and it isnt
stable either. Sure this was version2, but some has reportet
that that part works. Others use version1.
But if you just use kolab as a standart imap server and
publishes the freebusy lists at the server, it will work,
but contacts, calendar, and other stuff will be vulnerable
(no central backup) at the client machines.
The contacts are not shared though, so get ldap working.

> On the beginning we will work with 2 clients on it.
> In the daily use what will happen? Will it work "normal"
> or how many time I will spend on the system?

That depends on what they expect. This isnt exchange functions
(yet) but it might get there. We are about to use it as a standart
imap, and the freebusy stuff too.

JonB