[Kroupware] Shared folders under Outlook

Ben Wright wrgben at bigfoot.com
Tue Aug 12 10:00:27 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm running Kolab Server 1.0 and connecting with Outlook XP / Insight
Connector 1.09 (after having struggled most of yesterday trying to use
version 2 of Insight Connector).

My problem concerns shared folders that are created using the web
interface.  When I refresh the list of folders in Outlook, I can see the
new folder (say I created a shared folder called Docs, then Outlook
displays it as user.Docs).  When I try to select the folder, Insight
Connector complains that it can't create it, and would I like to make it
a sub folder of my INBOX.  So I say yes, and the folder appears under
the INBOX and I can copy messages etc. into it.

But then, when I refresh the folders again, I see another folder called
user_Docs, with the same content in it as user.Docs.  I guess it's
something to do with the fact that I have created one folder on the
server side and one on the client side.  But I'm not exactly sure how to
get around this duplication problem.  If anyone has any advice it would
be a big help.

Thanks,

Ben