[Kroupware] Problems starting up Kolab -- "could not auth. with Cyrus IMAPdaemon" -- Additions.

Alon Weinstein alon at sreu.com
Sun Aug 10 01:46:54 CEST 2003

I've done some more testing. I tried manually login is as 'manager' using
cyradm (I started the Kolab Cyrus IMAP manually) and issued
cyradm --user=manager localhost) with the password specified by 'bind_pw' in
the Kolab config. files (which is the one I issued during installation, with
no success.
When I write any password in the 'Password:' & 'IMAP Password:' prompts I
get:
"LOGIN failed at
/kolab/lib/perl/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm l
ine 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as manager"

When I write a blank-password I get only the error message from cyradm,
presumably because blank passwords aren't accepted.

After some research, I've tried resetting the 'manager' user password using
/kolab/sbin/saslpasswd2, but that didn't change anything.

Any ideas anyone?