[Kroupware] Problems starting up Kolab -- "could not auth. with Cyrus IMAP daemon"

Alon Weinstein alon at sreu.com
Sat Aug 9 21:37:45 CEST 2003

Hello all.

I've installed the Kolab 1.0 from source (using the most helpfull QIM) on my
RH9 system. Compilation & installation went smoothly. However, when I start
Kolab using the Sys-V script I get the following output:

[root at jack root]# /etc/init.d/kolab start
starting openldap ...
starting sasl ...
starting cyrus imapd ...
starting apache ...
[Sat Aug  9 20:26:21 2003] [alert] apache: Could not determine the server's
full
y qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
/kolab/sbin/apachectl start: httpd started
starting postfix ...
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
starting kolab backend (please wait)...
[root at jack root]# LOGIN failed at
/kolab/lib/perl/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Cyr
us/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab
line
439.

Upto "startin kolab backend" everything's OK -- the system returns to the
shell (as you can see) and a few moments later shows up the error "failed at
/kolab/lib/perl/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Cyr
us/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab
line
439."

I looked at the problemaic line in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab, and while I don't
speak Perl, I gather the problem is either that there's no user named
'manager' on Cyrus or that its password is not the stored in the variable
(hashtable?) configdata('bind_pw').

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alon Weinstein