[Kroupware] Questions about the copyright

Joël SAUNIER joel_saunier at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 7 00:20:22 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have few questions about the development process of
kroupware, the licence and the copyright of the kolab
server.

What is the exact licence and copyright ? The website is
not very clear about it. The Libre Software used are under
their own copyright (the GPL for all I guess), but what
is the case of the kolab Perl script ?

The second question is about the development process the
kolab team will used. The team try to start a large
community for kolab, and it's a good thing. But how the
community contributions will be include in a future
release ? Who will accept or reject these contributions ?

An example: if I want to improve the kolab perl script,
I could probably check it out from the CVS, change it,
but after ? This script is the central part of the kolab
server, so I think any change (or proposal) will be
carefully check.

In any case, the free release of such a server is a good
thing.

Joël Saunier