[Kroupware] Beginner questions

Maarten Stolte maarten.stolte at papuaos.org
Wed Aug 6 13:49:32 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 12:28, Dirk Schleicher wrote:

> Hallo and sorry for my English.

no problem, my german is really bad ;-)

> I have some questions to kroupware and I hope to get some
> answers.
> I want to use it in a small company. At the moment we use
> Outlook 2k with internet email and an ISDN router (later DSL).
> I want to install an old PC with Woody. My experience with Linux are
> SuSE8.1. Is it better to DL all files from the KDE ftp or to use CVS. With
> SuSE I had the problems to install newer versions of software like postfix
> etc.

Is this about the server? If so, the installing newer versions doesn't
really apply, because Kolab uses the OpenPKG system, see the docs on the
site. For the client, also read the docs as to which parts you need of
the normal kde, and which from kolab/kroupware.

> Is a testversion of the Outlook plugin available? I still have to buy the
> Woody CD (40EUR) by my own and don’t want to buy the plugin yet. If it not
> work like I think, I will lose only the money for Woody(I can use it instead
> of SuSE for my private).

considered downloading woody, or at least buying it on a 5 euro per cd
website.

Maarten