[Kroupware] Re: Kroupware KDE client Free/Busy

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Tue Apr 29 11:47:16 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 10:24, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi Bo,
>
> The way I try to schedule the meeting:
>
> 1) I have a Kolar user Demo User1 (demo.user1 at kolabtest.co.za) with UID
> demouser1 2) I have a similar Demo User2
>
> 3) I publish both of their free busy time.
>
> 4) I then log in as Demo User 1, do a LDAP address book query and add
> Demo User2 to my address book.
>
> 5) I then click on the new appointment button, set a meeting title and
> click on the Attendees tab.
>
> 6) I then click on the Adress Book... button and add Demo User2 to the
> meeting.
>
> The new entry for Demo User2 in the timetable view does not show the
> user's Free/Busy times.
>
> Is this the correct procedure?

Sounds like what I do at least.

What happens with the FB view in the appointment setup dialog? Does the FB
line get greyed out on demouser2 after a second or two? If not, then it
is downloaded, but no relevant info is in there.

You can also check it with konqueror. Type this URL in the konqueror
location lineedit:

webdavs://server/freebusy/username.vfb

Replace server and username with your settings. Konqueror will ask you for
login and password for the server (actually it will do this while you
type, to be able to give you autocompletion) and present you with
something that looks like this:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID
 :-//K Desktop Environment//NONSGML libkcal 3.1//EN
VERSION
 :2.0
METHOD
 :PUBLISH
BEGIN:VFREEBUSY
DTSTAMP
 :20030429T081401Z
ORGANIZER:bo2 at max.kde.org
DTSTART
 :20030429T081401Z
DTEND
 :20030628T081401Z
FREEBUSY
 :20030430T103000Z/20030430T123000Z
END:VFREEBUSY
END:VCALENDAR

This is the one I have uploaded as my bo2 user on max.kde.org.

Bo.

- --

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark