[Kroupware] Need some Information to Install UMCOMPRESS utility

Stephan Buys s.buys at icon.co.za
Fri Apr 18 21:21:19 CEST 2003

Hi Soham,

You can find the uncompress utility in the ncompress package.
Your distribution should have a package with that name.
Otherwise: ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/linux/sunsite/utils/compress/

or as per the QIM:

** Attention SuSE 8.x users **
[If there is no real compress/uncompress available (e.g. SuSE 8.x) then please
make sure that compress is a link to gzip and that uncompress resolves to
gzip -d aka gunzip. In addition please make the following symbolic link: ln
-s /etc/init.d /sbin/init.d if the directory /sbin/init.d is not available]

Regards,
Stephan Buys