[Kroupware] Unable to login after install

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Wed Apr 16 13:53:11 CEST 2003

I reinstalled the software on a new machine which eliminated my build
problems...But now even though I can build/install without errors, I
cannot log in when the server is started up.

I am using Mozilla 1.3 which is supposed to support Digest
Authentication so I dont believe that is the problem.  The error is a
401/Unauthorized error.  The login prompt just continues to re-display
until I cancel, at which point the error is seen.

I am using the user (manager) and password combination that was
displayed at the end of the install.

I've tried connecting to:
	http://localhost:2812/
	https://localhost:2812/
	https://localhost/admin
	http://localhost/admin
	http://localhost:2812/admin
	https://localhost:2812/admin

I've also tried to connect remotely (which I thought I read was
possible) and the connection is always denied.  There are no firewall
rules in place to block the traffic.

I realized after having done a full install (and the server not working
with this identical error) that the QIM in the current directory is not
up-to-date.  So I uninstalled the rpms from the Kolab environment, I
rebuilt those rpms whose parameters needed to be changed and reinstalled
the newly generated versions.  I do not know if this might have
contributed to my current inability to login.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to do next?

-b