[Kroupware] Troubles compiling kolab-server rc1 on mandrake 9.1

Steven Evans steve at netwaynetworks.com.au
Wed Apr 9 00:44:50 CEST 2003

Hey guys

I downloaded the kolab server rc1 from the kde ftp server.

The rpm's were incomplete, missing the make and binutils rpms, and I had to
play with the order of the build process in the build script.

The problem that I am having is that the openldap-2.1.16 packages arent
compiling:

checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for EMX OS/2 environment... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /kolab/bin/cc -E
checking for gcc... /kolab/bin/cc
checking whether the C compiler (/kolab/bin/cc -O2 -pipe -static
-I/kolab/include -I/kolab/include/sasl -L/kolab/lib) works... No

It is one of the last 8 rpm's that need to be compiled, so to me this is not
making any sense: there was plenty of compiling before it got here.

I even try to place in the beta2.1 version of openldap, v2.1.12, and get the
same result.

Is there something that I am missing out on?  Should I go and d/l the
beta2.1 and try that instead?

Has anyone sucessfully compiled kolab-rc1 on mandrake 9.1?

Cheers,
Steve

Netway Networks Pty Limited
t   02 - 8920 8877