[Kroupware] Slow startup with many calendar entries

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 4 13:27:13 CEST 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 15:46, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> I merged about 370 calendar entries plus about 45 todo entries using RC2.

> While KMail is usable during the refresh, the startup is really a
> problem. I have to wait more than 5 min until KMail appears on the screen.
> In this time I can do nothing (except using another program in the
> meantime). BTW, I'm using a Toshiba Tecra 8100 with PIII 800 and 256 MB.
>
> Well, one can argue that I should archive some of the events, however IMO
> those 370 entries actually don't seem very much to me. At least, having
> only about 120 entries in the calendar folder, the startup takes only 90
> sec on my system, which leads to the assumption, that the time is growing
> potentially to the number of entries.

Thanks for the feedback, we need to look into this.
Did you have a reminder set for many of these events?

> BTW, I had two crashes of the kroupware client on my system, but I didn't
> bother with backtraces. As I have compiled with enable-debug (the two
> kroupware packages only), I just want to ask whether you are interested in
> backtraces or not. If yes, then I would provide it next time a crash
> occurs.

We welcome bug reports.
It is important to use a recent version of the KDE Kolab client
and describe the situation it occurred as good as you can.

Please save the backtraces and if the error occurs often, report it
and offer the backtraces. For this reason I usually name
backtraces like kmail-crash-mailsending-20030404-1.txt.