[Kroupware] LDAP address book schema suggestion

Tobias Koenig kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:34:15 +0200

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 10:26:36AM +1200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
Hi Andreas,

> could you take a look at these schemas,
> and discuss how we can use these, and then extent then if necessary:
> Person, inetorgperson,  organizationalperson and:
>  - evolution schema inside the evolution source code
>         /evolution/addressbook/backend/pas/evolutionperson.schema
>  - mail schema as example on a web site (for management)
>         http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/postfix0207/677.html
>  - extension schema for outlook
> http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialLDAP-GILSchemaExtension.html
>      (remove the otherFacsimileTelephoneNumber to make it work)
Ok, I looked at the schemas and it is what I guessed: A try to add functionality
to a broken schema => just an other broken schema.
We should start from the roots and don't pay attention to compatibility,
otherwise our schema ends up in the same broken state like the others...

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who