[Kroupware] Pay attention please.

Art Cancro kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:47:31 -0400

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> sorry, but switching to citadel will loose my ldap abilities, will lose my
> working free/busy publishing, and will not gain any of the things i'm
> searching for (ok, maybe a anice web frontend, but i got mine working anyway).

> i dont mean to offence you, but this is my situation, and maybe you can
> understand why i will not switch to citadel.

 You haven't offended me by not switching to Citadel.

 You have offended me by not paying attention to what I've said.

 I never suggested that anyone here drop their current server projects and
switch to Citadel.  I was the first to mention that Citadel does not yet
provide the full complement of features required to work with the Kroupware
client.

 All I said was that there's another server project out there, one that will
eventually appeal to *some* sites, and that I appreciated the fact that
Kroupware will provide a good client for it.  I wanted to make sure that the
Kroupware project continues to do a good job of providing clean,
well-documented interfaces, so that server hackers like myself can write to
them.

 That's all.  Nothing else.  I'm not recommending that ANYONE make the switch
at this time.

 Kolab is the correct solution for the current project at hand.  All of the
"armchair programmers" I see on this list are asking for stuff that, if
implemented, would throw the CURRENT PROJECT way out of scope, way out of
budget, and way out of schedule.  In the future, Citadel will make more sense
in SOME situations.  But not now.  And if you read my first two messages you
would have already known this.

  Art Cancro <ajc@uncensored.citadel.org>