[Kroupware] Web interface frontend

Lutz Badenheuer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:09:01 +0200

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 29. September 2002 16:20 schrieb konold@erfrakon.de:
> > so this is something i can understand. "We are sorry, but all we
> > currently have is the concept paper, and we still try to figure
> > out if things might some day work like we promise".
>
> Bullshit! We are currently _very_ hard to get a first alpha
> released published during the coming week!

Who is 'we'?

I am blatantly not included in this. I would work hard, but I miss
info. Info I've asked for on this list, and yes, Martin, you were
asked, too. If your performance in reacting to questions were just
only as good as you do obviously start feeling pissed, people were
able to work hard.

> The concept paper is a "living" document and will be subject to
> permanent change!

There are some things I miss in that documentation. First, I miss the
AnonFTP-SFTP-Gateway that was mentioned here -- days before 1.0.1 was
published. Second, I miss exact info about your ideas concerning to
virtual domain setup and LDAP schemata.

> If you mean with "sites" support for multiple domains then I can
> tell you that we believe to have found a nice solution.

Now that is really, really great. Possibly you should tell about that
solution instead of giving the useless info that you have such a one.
Where is it? I just can't hear you. Where is the doc? Oh, there is
none? Then, someone should start to write some NOW. If there is no
exactly defined server solution, people working on different things
develop into different directions.

> I am wondering how much successful OSS project you have managed
> sofar. Please believe us that we know pretty good how our project
> works.

> Basically show working _code_ and demonstrate the good things about
> it in order to convince people to adapt it.

You didn't get what Andreas meant. I can show you working code --
Andreas' Perl code works well, I reimplemented it oo-style with an
extension interface working and Text::Template. The modular extension
mechanism will be done on Thursday, I think - if i find the time for
it, that is. But now I am stuck at a point where I need an LDAP
schema.

> Last but not least please be aware of the fact that we are not only
> targeting OL but the Linux desktop and that OL is only a temporary
> solution until there are alternatives.

Would you rely on that, at this time? Look, before you concentrate on
the client applications, there first has to be a server being able to
manage the major tasks with a common config server developers can
rely and base their development on.

Kind regards,
Lutz

--
Lutz Badenheuer     | IT--Consulting, Development, Networksolutions
luke@the-web-ac.com | C/C++, OO-Perl, sh | Linux, SCO UNIX, Solaris