[Kroupware] LDAP address book schema suggestion

Tobias Koenig kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:04:10 +0200

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 03:53:18PM -0500, Miles Lott wrote:
> Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Miles,

> > >       NAME 'gwContactTypeId'
> > >       NAME 'gwContactCatId'
> > >       NAME 'gwContactAccess'
> > What is the possible content of the above mentioned attributes?
<schnipp>
Thanks for the informations

> >I'm missing the display-name or formatted name. This attribute exists
> >in nearly all known person schemas.
>
> Oops.  Let me find that one... Ok, we built that internally from
> the givenname and sn attrs.  But, I suppose you could have another
> field for it, e.g. 'cn'.
No, cn is for storing the 'common name' e.g. Tobias Koenig.
The display-name or also called formatted name is used in some PIM applications
for displaying it in a contact header line or something like that.

You can set the formatted name to what ever you want:
  Koenig, Tobias
  Dr. Tobias Koenig Jr.
  Koenig Jr, Dr. Tobias
etc. etc.

> > > attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.9610.111
> > >       NAME 'gwGeo'
> > >       EQUALITY integerMatch
> > >       SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27
> > >       SINGLE-VALUE )
> > How is the langitude and latitude encoded in a single value?
>
> Magic, I guess.  It was not something we had used yet ;)
In this case we should work on it ;)
Either we use one string with a special format or to separated values.
BTW the latitude and longitude values are from type float.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who