[Kroupware] LDAP address book schema suggestion

Miles Lott kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:53:18 -0500

Tobias Koenig wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 12:17:44PM -0500, Miles Lott wrote:
> Hi Miles,
>
> >       NAME 'gwContactTypeId'
> >       NAME 'gwContactCatId'
> >       NAME 'gwContactAccess'
> What is the possible content of the above mentioned attributes?

Type id was used to differentiate between contact data and user
accounts.  Our attempt was to abstract it enough that it could
be used for that as well, although this was not my idea.  If not
user accounts, at least it would have been used for profile information
to attach to user accounts stored elsewhere in ldap, etc. Single
character data.

Catid is used to categorize the data, as with other addressbooks.
So, a contact is categorized as a business contact, personal, by
job, or whatever.  Single integer data.

Access was set as legacy from the sql version of our addressbook.
However, we never did solve the problem of syncing ldap acl
and access controls set via phpgw.  Our use was string, but integer
or single char might be more appropriate.

>I'm missing the display-name or formatted name. This attribute exists
>in nearly all known person schemas.

Oops.  Let me find that one... Ok, we built that internally from
the givenname and sn attrs.  But, I suppose you could have another
field for it, e.g. 'cn'.

> > attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.9610.108
> >       NAME 'gwAudio'
> >       SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.4{25000} )
> We also need the logo and photo attributes.
>
> > attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.9610.111
> >       NAME 'gwGeo'
> >       EQUALITY integerMatch
> >       SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27
> >       SINGLE-VALUE )
> How is the langitude and latitude encoded in a single value?

Magic, I guess.  It was not something we had used yet ;)

--

Miles Lott
http://milosch.net