[Kroupware] webmail and unix accounts

Bernhard Reiter kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:53:04 +0200

--ryJZkp9/svQ58syV

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 11:50:41PM -0400, Art Cancro wrote:
> the Citadel server supports *all* of the things being discussed here:
> =20
>  1. No unix accounts required for mail users
>  2. Web mail supported
>  3. Shared folders supported

Thanks for clarifying this!

> Again, I don't want to derail the current project, but I would like to ha=
ve
> Citadel considered as the long-term solution for an Exchange replacement.

=46rom your description it is interesting to look into and we
certainly will do so in the future.=20

Unfortunately for the kroupware project we are beyond the stage that
allows us to analyse and test different components for the Kolab server.

Note that this only hold for the tight schedule of the kroupware project
and the people working fulltime on this. There is no reason why your
or other volenteers should not just start and set up a Citadel server=20
according to the architecture document, try to mimic the (upcoming)=20
Kolab server behaviour and test the new KDE client functions
against your setup?

--ryJZkp9/svQ58syV

--ryJZkp9/svQ58syV--