[Kroupware] Managing other peoples' diaries

Tim Smith kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:26:55 +0100

A useful feature I can't explicitly see in the design document is the abi=
lity=20
to manage the diaries of others.

Some peoples' hair is too pointy to do more than look at their diary in t=
he=20
morning. These people don't want to do any of this "accepting email thing=
ies"=20
business - that's for their secretaries and P.A.s to handle.

Now, Cyrus' shared folders make it relatively easy to arrange for my diar=
y=20
folder (assuming I'm a Pointy-Haired One) to be shared with my secretary,=
 and=20
a seive rule could handle redirecting all the appointment email to him/he=
r.=20
How well will he/she be able to manage the incoming appointment emails? I=
f=20
someone is handling the diaries for several PHOs, how easy will it be to=20
determine whose diary this particular message is for (can this be made=20
automatic?)

That kind of functionality (being able to manage other peoples' diaries) =
is on=20
a lot of checklists for scheduling systems.

--=20
Tim Smith (tsmith@redhat.com)
Daleks are now an endangered species, and it is actually illegal not to
let one exterminate you if it wants to.
  -- Dave's Web of Lies