[Kroupware] Web interface frontend

Lutz Badenheuer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:53:54 +0200

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 26. September 2002 07:45 schrieb Andreas Jellinghaus:
> cyrus has ldap support? i didn't know.

Well, it has or has had. From the changelog, I extracted the info
that LDAP support was once built-in, then removed for some license
reasons, and refering to the change log, it was put in place again
later.

The configure script does provide a --with-ldap[=DIR] option, but it
unfortunately doesn't do what it was supposed to: after compiling
SASL, saslauthd wouldn't start with -a ldap, saying that this was not
supported, and saslauthd -v didn't show anything about ldap.

Two days later, having tested the configuration options in SASL and
ported two Solaris patches which both didn't work: I'm going to use
PAM now.

Kind regards,
Lutz

--
Lutz Badenheuer     | IT--Consulting, Development, Networksolutions
luke@the-web-ac.com | C/C++, OO-Perl, sh | Linux, SCO UNIX, Solaris