[Kroupware] Automatic server discovery

Tim Jansen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:09:53 +0200

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 23:45, you wrote:
> will be a common view, which can then do workgroup look-up based on name. I
> think this was your first idea (which I snipped) - I don't know enough
> about Kerberos, so I won't try to compare them.

Actually it isn't Kerberos specific, other authentication systems have
comparable identifiers. In kerberos your account has the form username@realm.
The realm is similar to the domain or workgroup in the windows world.
If every user has a realm, then you can also handle difficult situations by
including a list of supported realms in one of the IMAP server's attributes.

bye..